Individual Nutrition Counseling for Adolescents and Adults:
Tara offers one-on-one counseling to help clients meet their unique healthful eating and exercise goals. Customized nutrition recommendations and meal plans are based on an initial assessment and then are modified during follow up sessions.
- Eating Disorder Management: nutritional management of Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, Binge Eating Disorder, and Night Eating Disorder through eating behavioral goals and meal planning.
- Sports Nutrition: enhancing athletic performance and/or gaining a competitive edge through diet.
- Weight Management: obtaining desired weight loss, weight gain, or weight maintenance.
- General Healthful Eating: creating an eating plan for preventative health, energy, and wellness.
- Cardiovascular Health Management: nutritional management of cardiovascular disease, cholesterol, triglycerides, blood pressure, and type 2 diabetes.
- Food Allergy & Food Sensitivity Assessment and Elimination Diets: allergy testing, assessment, and nutrition plans for anti-inflammatory diets, food allergies, and food sensitivities including gluten free diets.
- Gastrointestinal Disorders: nutritional management of irritable bowel syndrome, acid reflux, constipation, and abdominal bloating.
- Pre-Post Natal Nutrition: providing education on eating well during all stages of pregnancy.
- Adolescent and Teen Nutrition: learning ways to eat healthfully during your middle school, high school, and college years. This is an ideal time to start making lifelong healthful eating changes.
- Vegetarian Eating: developing a balanced vegetarian or vegan diet.
- Other Reasons for Nutrition Counseling: management of fatigue, migraines, polycystic ovarian syndrome, food allergies, inflammatory disorders, amenorrhea, and/or improvement of hair and skin through diet.
Athletic Team Consulting:
Tara can conduct group presentations for sports teams, work with individual athletes on their personal nutritional goals, and assist with team meal planning.
Family, Couples, and Small Group Nutrition Counseling:
Tara offers family, couple, and small group nutrition counseling as a means for making lifestyle changes. She recognizes that the collective support of families, partners, and friends can be beneficial towards achieving healthful eating and exercise goals.
Media, Nutrition Presentations, Health Fairs:
Tara is available to consult in a number of different capacities such as interviews, workshops, and seminars to provide nutritional expertise on a range of topics.
Supermarket Tours and Personal Grocery Shopping:
With over 15,000 new food products being introduced to supermarkets each year, grocery shopping can be overwhelming at times. On the supermarket tour you will learn to interpret all aspects of a food label; we will also create a grocery list of nutrient rich foods that will meet your individual or family's nutrition goals.
Meal Support and Dining Out Experience:
Tara offers supervised meal support at a client's home, school, work, or at a restaurant. This has been found to be extremely helpful for those struggling with an eating disorder or anxiety around meal times.
Corporate or Small Business Nutrition Counseling and Wellness:
Tara can provide nutrition consulting at the office for employees. She is also available to consult on a wide range of nutrition, health, food, menu, and dining projects for your company.
Food Sensitivity Testing, Analysis, and Nutrition Plan:
Tara provides food allergy and sensitivity testing. She will provide full analysis and a nutrition plan and / or elimination diet for the results. She can also create nutrition plans for already established food allergies and food sensitivities.
Body Composition Analysis:
Tara can test body composition and measurements at the initial session and then check progress and changes at follow up sessions. Nutrition plans will be based on body composition results.